Dental implants have revolutionised the way dentists can treat tooth loss.
Dental implants are essentially ‘screws’ that are placed into the jawbone and are a substitute for a missing tooth root. Dental implants are highly compatible with your jaw bone and fully integrate into your jaw over a period of months. This creates a permanent foundation for prosthetic teeth and is the closest thing you can get to a natural tooth.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
Dental implants are really the closest thing you can get to your natural teeth as they actively replace the tooth at the root allowing full function and aesthetics. The many benefits of dental implants include:
- They are identical to natural teeth in appearance, feel and function
- Implants prevent the remaining teeth on either side of the void from moving
- They decrease the stress exerted on the surrounding teeth
- Implants help retain jaw bone tissue
- They decrease the chance of gum tissue shrinkage
- Implants stimulate the jawbone and prevent bone loss
- This type of restoration allows full function of the mouth – no diet restrictions are required once the patient is fully healed
- Dental implants can be placed under full dentures to provide excellent stability and retention of the denture, thus enabling a person to eat, speak and function normally without the looseness of a denture.
What should I expect if I require an implant?
If you are missing one or more teeth, Dr Joffe will assess your smile in a thorough examination and consultation to ensure your suitability for dental implants. If you are found suitable, Dr Joffe will discuss all associated costs prior to any treatment being undertaken so you can decide whether you would like to proceed.
If you do choose to proceed, Dr Joffe will refer you to a Periodontist or Oral Surgeon for the surgical placement of the implant. He has a strong network of leading local dental implant specialists, and can refer you to the specialist that is most suitable for your individual case. Once this surgical procedure is complete your implant will require around three to six months to properly heal, after which you will come back to see us at Hyde Park Dental Care in the Sydney CBD for the fitting of your implant crown or other prosthetic restoration.
Our dental implant procedures cover all types of tooth loss and include:
- Single Tooth Implants – This is used for single tooth loss and will use an implant crown to restore your smile.
- Implant Bridges – These can be used to solve single or multiple tooth loss and require at least two dental implants to anchor the bridge.
- Implant-Supported Dentures – These are great for partial or even total tooth loss and are removable to allow for cleaning and comfort.
- Fixed Dentures/All-On-4™ – This is typically used for patients who have experienced total tooth loss. It includes a hybrid bridge where the denture is fixed onto 4 or 5 implants that have been inserted into the jaw.
Dental Implants Sydney CBD
If you want a restoration that allows you to eat, laugh and speak with total confidence then dental implants may be for you. Talk to Dr Joffe today to discover whether dental implants are right for you.