With our range of cosmetic dentistry Hyde Park Dental Care can help give you the smile of your dreams
The days of unsightly orthodontic appliances strapped to your face are gone. Now, as medical science progresses, getting dental treatment is a great way to enhance your smile without feeling self-conscious about it.
At Hyde Park Dental Care in Sydney, we have a range of minimally invasive cosmetic dental treatments to help give you that beautiful symmetric smile. Our range of cosmetic dentistry includes:
What are Porcelain Veneers…
Porcelain Veneers use a thin porcelain material that mimics the look of your natural teeth. Porcelain Veneers are a great cosmetic dental treatment designed to fix most undesired characteristics of a person’s smile. Veneers are most commonly used to treat:
- Unwanted gaps
- Teeth which are too short, or too long
- An unsymmetrical smile
- Chipped teeth
- Cracked teeth
- Teeth that are discoloured to a point where tooth whitening is no longer an effective option.
Porcelain Veneers are incredibly thin (they are about as thick as a contact lens or fingernail) and sometimes require tiny portion (around 0.3-0.7mm) of your tooth enamel to be removed for the veneer to be fitted. However, as with most medical treatments each patient is different and one of our skilled dentists will discuss your options with you.
Typically—if looked after—your veneers can last up to 10 years.
Invisalign: invisible aligners are a great way to straighten your teeth
One of the great aesthetic benefits of Invisalign is that no one will notice that you are wearing braces. These are in fact braces, but braces that do not appear as train tracks running across your teeth. Invisalign is serious of practically invisible aligners that are custom-made to give you your perfect smile.
Amazing benefits of choosing Invisalign…
- The aligners can be removed when you are eating your favourite crunchy or sticky foods. This also means that you can remove them to brush and floss your teeth—which is another huge benefit over traditional braces.
- You can remove the aligners for special events and nights out.
- Because the clear aligners have no sharp edges they won’t irritate your mouth or cause any speech impediments.
- No uncomfortable and lengthy tightening appointments: all you have to do has come in every couple of weeks for a check-up and your new set of aligners
Invisalign are custom-made to give you the best possible results comfortably. If you’d like to know more about Invisalign please feel free to contact us.
Teeth Whitening at Hyde Park Dental Care…
There are a lot of factors that contribute to staining our teeth. What we eat and drink and in what quantity have the biggest effect. The biggest things that stain our teeth are:
- Tea and black coffee: while white coffee will stain your teeth, it is not as bad as black coffee
- Red wine: white is no better, the acidic nature of white wine etches grooves in your teeth giving bacteria better access to your teeth.
- Highly coloured foods
- Amalgam Fillings
- Some medications
With our custom-fitted at-home whitening treatment we tailor the treatment to suit your needs. By custom fitting the teeth-whitening tray and providing you with an at-home kit, you are able to whiten your teeth in the comfort of your home. This means that you are able to control and determine the results of your tooth whitening treatment.