At Hyde Park Dental Care in Sydney we provide one of the most popular and high quality orthodontic treatments around… Invisalign!
Do you have crooked teeth or a mild malocclusion (misaligned bite) that you feel impinges on your overall facial profile and appearance? Do you want to consider orthodontic treatment but are afraid this automatically means you will need conventional braces? At Hyde Park Dental Care in Sydney CBD you no longer have to worry about bulky metal braces – instead we have something much more comfortable, aesthetically pleasing and lifestyle-friendly: Invisalign!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a great new treatment that allows you to straighten your smile discreetly! Instead of old metal braces, Invisalign uses advanced technology in the form of clear aligner trays to gently move your teeth to their desired position!
Are you a suitable candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign is suitable for teenagers and adults! If you have crooked teeth or mild malocclusions, you are a suitable candidate for Invisalign treatment. It is important to note however that while Invisalign is a fantastic choice for most people, there are cases in which Invisalign would not be suitable for everybody. For more complex cases such as deep/severe malocclusions you may require more extensive treatment in the form of conventional braces or orthognathic surgery, depending on the severity of your case.
What is the process of Invisalign? What should I expect?
The process of receiving your Invisalign aligners is generally as follows:
- Dr Brian Joffe will discuss your needs with you then conduct a thorough examination of your dental condition to determine whether Invisalign is in your best interests. If you are not found suitable for Invisalign treatment we will recommend conventional braces.
- Dr Joffe will then make sure all your dental elements such as the teeth, gums etc. are healthy and in good condition.
- If you are found a suitable candidate for Invisalign Dr Joffe will then take impressions of your smile and send these to the Invisalign HQ, where your impressions are processed by a computer to create your treatment plan.
- Once your treatment plan has been produced and sent back to Dr Joffe he will walk through it with you, and will be able to show you a computer simulation of your current condition and how your process will look stage by stage. This way you are able to view your whole process before treatment even begins!
- Once you and Dr Joffe have both approved your treatment plan, your aligners are ordered. After 2-3 weeks we will receive your custom-made aligners and will fit your first aligner to make sure it fits correctly over your dental arch.
- Once this is complete all you have to do is be compliant with your treatment! Come back to see us every 6-8 weeks for just 30 minutes to receive your new aligners and an assessment of your condition to ensure treatment is on the right track.
- Once your treatment is complete we will create a retainer to make sure your teeth don’t ‘relapse’ and move back to their original position.
A few benefits of the Invisalign system include:
- Virtually invisible
- Completely removable
- Suitable for all ages
- Time of treatment is generally shorter